This year, the Novice Mentor Committee is organizing new material to provide more resources for novices and younger debaters. On this page, you will find reviews of high quality rounds written by experienced dinos. The dinos have explained of why the round was good, reviewed the speeches, and explained the speaks and RFD.
We encourage any interested novices (or varsity!) to watch these videos. The dinos who wrote these reviews are all very accomplished, and these reviews will serve as an excellent complement to the articles section of our web site. It’s much easier to learn when you can watch a video and have it explained to you by a good debater.
Note: If you are a dino and are interested in contributing, please contact Ben, Eric or Evan through Facebook or email.
- Alex Mechanick reviews Nationals 2013 Quarterfinals. Case and link: “As a progressive donor trying to correct inequality during an election year, you should donate money to an international poverty relief charity instead of a political campaign.”
- David Altman reviews APDA Summer 2011 Round 4. Case and link: “Would you get rid of religion?”
- Aaron Murphy reviews GW 2014 Quarterfinals. Case and link: “Should the spirit of feminism support bra burning?”
- Rich Weisbach reviews Nationals 2013 Finals. Case and link: “You run into a homeless person on the street. Do you give the homeless person a dollar?”
- Dan Cobos reviews GW 2013 Finals. Case and link: Should the film makers of Zero Dark Thirty have exaggerated the role torture played in the finding and killing of Osama Bin Laden?
- Quinn Maingi reviews Middlebury 2013 Semifinals. Case and link: Given that you are planning on having a child, you should adopt.